Institute of Medical Technologies
Institute of Medical Technologies in Moscow
The Moscow Institute of Medical Technologies is engaged in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of children and adolescents with neurological diseases, problems of the organs of vision and the musculoskeletal system. Young patients are cared for by highly qualified specialists with decades of successful experience in their chosen field of activity.
During the initial appointment, the child is diagnosed, during which a specialist makes a diagnosis and prescribes an individual treatment and rehabilitation program. It depends on the research results obtained, the age of the child, the nature of the course of the disease and its form.
Diagnostics and treatment of pediatric neurology
One of the priority directions of the institute is children's neurology. Within the framework of this specialization, all kinds of research are carried out to find new, more effective methods of combating diseases of the nervous system in children. The wide range of services covers neurological problems such as:
- developmental delay (psychomotor, speech);
- cerebral palsy;
- perinatal encephalopathy;
- consequences of neuroinfections, circulatory disorders in the brain, traumatic brain injuries;
- epilepsy, epileptic syndromes;
- memory impairment, learning;
- autism spectrum disorders;
- brain dysfunction;
- muscular dystonia syndrome;
- malformations of the nervous system;
- hereditary diseases, etc.
The specialists of the institute use state-of-the-art methods for diagnosing and treating serious diseases. For example, with epilepsy, MRI of the brain and video EEG monitoring are done. The results obtained help specialists to prescribe the most effective antiepileptic therapy.
Also, the institute has opportunities for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the nervous system in newborns in the first years of life. This minimizes the risk of developing serious diseases in the future. Early diagnosis is the key to success in restoring the normal functioning of the baby, this program includes the following services:
- consultation with a neurologist, speech therapist-defectologist and massage therapist;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs and head;
- doppler ultrasonography of cerebral vessels;
These activities help to identify neurological diseases in the early stages and make every effort to eliminate them. The therapy is carried out in a comprehensive manner, using psychometric and neurophysiological methods.